imported Desire HD

georg719

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought an unlocked Desire HD on the internet from a reputable dealer. Had trouble setting up mms so I phoned HTC, who told me the phone came from Germany (I live in Australia) & certain features might not work on this phone because it is set up for Germany (eg different radio frequencies). I got the mms problem sorted, but what do you think? Am I likely to have other unforeseen problems in future? Should I try to exchange it?

georg719

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, Baconator. The desire HDs that are available in my area are exclusive to a certain company who I don't want to have a contract with! (Hence the need to find an unlocked phone.) The phone has been fine so far, apart from having to find & set APNs for internet and mms. Any ideas what other problems I might encounter, or what might be different in the German version Vs the Australian version? If I'm going to ask for an exchange or refund from the dealer I'll need an argument to present to them.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Well I have no clue what might go wrong. I have never used a device I bought from another country. It should be the same as buying one from Australia except with a different radio and different carrier bloat ware. If more problems do arise then please tell me. I can help you with getting the device you want and the service you need.