How can I fix a huge Google Play Service bug?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Huge Google Play Services bug!

Since the last hard reset I did, I bought a song on Google Play Music for the first time. So Thursday morning I do a hard reset on my Samsung Galaxy S4 (updated to official 5.0.1) and go through the install steps, add my Google account and everything goes fine. Then the phone checks for updates, tells me I have several (which is normal). Then it shows a notification "Google Play services which some of your applications rely on is not supported by your device Requested by Google Play Music" and I can't access the store anymore. Instead, I'm asked to add my Google account again the same way I would have to if I didn't add it during initial set up.

Thinking this was odd, I tried hard resetting it again to see what it would do and I get the same problem.

Today I installed CM12 which used to work perfectly fine and Google Play Services keep crashing. So I flush it again and reinstall CM12 and the problem remains.

I've tried several fixes without success. But clearly this is a problem on Google's side not my phone.

What happened? How can I stop this from happening? Is that what I get for buying a song on Google Play? :'(

Last edited:

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: Hard Reset : Google Play services which some of your applications rely on not supported by devic

OK seems like it's just a question of updating Google Service. The fact that it's not up to date make my phone remove my account it seems.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: Hard Reset : Google Play services which some of your applications rely on not supported by devic

I've updated the OP. Google Play Services are clearly bugged on Google's side... :'(

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

No one knows? :(