How can I replace the lcd screen and digitizer of an Alcatel OneTouch Flash - model 6042D?

palukishore

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
how i replace lcd screen and digitizer of alcatel onetouch flash - model 6042D

My ALCATEL One Touch flash model 6042d -lcd display got cracked

my mobile phone fall down and unfortunately my touch screen is cracked. Partially its unresponsive to touch, but LCD is totally OK.

I contacted authorised service centre and they told me, that its only possible to change the whole screen with LCD, not just digitizer (because of adhesive between). Of course, its quite expensive... Thats why I ask for advice. i do not found any online shop in india also.pl.help me.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how i replace lcd screen and digitizer of alcatel onetouch flash - model 6042D

The digitizer is available at Replacement Touch Screen Digitizer for Alcatel one touch flash 6042d - White (a Google search will turn up sources) - but I don't suggest that you use your phone as the first one you try this with. Find some junked Android phones and practice removing the digitizer (you'll need a hair drier or heat gun - there are Youtube videos on how to do it). Once you break a few junk phones, you'll understand why most repair shops don't like replacing digitizers.

It can be done. If you practice on enough junk phones (depending on you, it can take between 6 and 12 to be able to "just do it" without having to think about it, and that's where you want to be before you risk your own phone), you'll get the feel of that "just right" moment, when you can lift that shard of glass off, but you haven't overheated the screen. But you'll probably rip up a few screens or overheat some before you learn to get it right. (Then you can advertize that you replace digitizers and make a lot of money - it's a valuable skill.)

palukishore

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: how i replace lcd screen and digitizer of alcatel onetouch flash - model 6042D

dear ambassador
thanks for ur quick reply. this is only "touch screen digitizer" for alcatel 6042D, but I want "lcd with touch screen digitizer"for my phone. I will be highly obliged if u say where to find it or ANY SUBSTITUTE LCD against my phone(alcatel one touch flash; model 6042D) which i can get in online market. any suggestion from ur end pl.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781