Can you sync contacts with Exchange server and Gmail?

verleysixfour

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I recently bought a Droid and am loving it so far. I had no problems syncing all my contacts from my work Exchange Server to the Droid. Is it now possible to get them to an as-yet used Gmail contacts area and then keep the three sync'd? I have all my work and personal contacts together and so this would be ideal for me.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it's quite possible (at least it is on my Moment). There's an app called Moxier Mail which syncs your outlook email/contacts/calendars, then the standard GMAIL app which syncs email/calendar/contacts.. and merges them into your Android calendar/contacts, but emails stay seperate. Not sure on the Moto Droid though.

verleysixfour

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the idea. If need be I will check it out. However, I am hoping for something I am just missing in the set up of the device before I go down the app purchase road. Sometimes the solution is staring me in the face and I just don't see it. :)

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
You could always use CompanionLink (It's what I use to sync my personal outlook contacts/calendars with my Google calendars/contacts). If you're tied to an exchange server, it should work if you're using Outlook.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
What's nice, is, that it's a per user license, so since I sync two computers, I only had to buy one license. Since my wife does the same I had to buy a license for her. They seem pretty quick to respond to support emails as well.