Problem: keep having to sign into new EE home wifi. Why am I unable to save my sign-in info?

A

AC Question

Problem: keep having to sign into new EE homr wifi

Since changing ISP from Talk Talk to EE and making new Wifi ID and password on my phone, I have to sign into to it every time I come home and at intervals afterwards.
I have the 'select best network' button on, which allows wifi or phone network data connection - whichever is stronger.
When my home wifi is weak i presume it disconnects to connect to the phone network signal but when this is weak it does not reconnect to my home wfi.
It remembers the EE network and password but i have to check if the wifi is still connected if loading becomes slow, then sign in again.
This is irritating and sometimes interferes with ADM downloading.
The phone auto connects to my workplace wifi OK.
I have a Samsung note 2 upgraded to kit kat 4.4.2 OS.
This didn't happen with Wfi connection on previous ISP (TalkTalk) . I have used the select best network button fot both Talktalk and EE. Both network speeds vary and drop but EE doesn't auto connect.
It could be an issue with a couple of apps I might have downloaded around the date o changed ISP but that doesn't explain why my workplace wifi still auto connects as before.
I have tried:
Turning off select-best-network
(Not a solution by itself)
Unplugging router.
Forget EE network details
Switch off phone
Pulling and replacing battery
Switching on phone and router again
Rentering WiFi password etc.
Turning off select-best-network .

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problem: keep having to sign into new EE homr wifi

Check the wifi encryption on the router. Is it the same as the encryption you used on your Talk Talk router?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670