Can't find drivers for my Proscan PLT9606G(K) tablet to connect to it using Windows. Where could they be?

A

AC Question

Can't find drivers for my Proscan PLT9606G(K) tablet to connect to it using Windows.

Trying to help a poor old lady in my town so I don't have to buy her another tablet. I'm the local computer guy in town and I'm an expert with all versions of Windows, as well as xx-DOS, Unix and Linux. Re-installing Android looks a little tougher that what I'm used to.

Her family bought the PLT9606 tabelt for Christmas and she fell in love with it. Now it is stuck and the Android screen. I tried a hard reset using something built into the recovery options. It didn't work. My Question is, where can I find drivers for this tablet so I can see it in Windows? I looked at Curtis International who made the tablet but I simply cannot de-cipher the website enough to find the drivers. Are there generic Windows drivers that will work? And once I get the Windows drivers, where can I find the correct image? Can I install a Generic version of the Android OS or do I need a Proscan image that is strictly for that machine. Does Android use drivers like the operating systems I am used to, or are they built right into the images specific to specific hardware. I really want to like this OS but it seems relegated to toys.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't find drivers for my Proscan PLT9606G(K) tablet to connect to it using Windows.

Welcome to Android Central! You could try this generic adb driver developed by Koush Dutta: Koush

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude