What's the best app to use for speed dialing on Droid Turbo?

vueluv

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I just purchased my first smart phone. Yeah, I know. I have a neighbor who's two who picked up my old lady phone and asked 'what's this?' That being said I'd like to just kit the key pad, hit one number and have it dial mom, dad, brother, BFF...Can't seem to find out a way to have multiple speed dials on my home screen the way the phone is so is there an app? Read many descriptions and reviews and they seem to be all over the place.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Long-press a blank spot on the homescreen. Look in shortcuts for "Direct dial". Choose the contact and you'll have an icon to tap to call that contact - on the homescreen. (It's standard Android.) There's also Direct message. You can have a whole screen of nothing but dialing shortcuts if you want.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Direct Dial is what I use as well. I created a folder of Direct Dial widgets on my homescreen, which are all of my frequently called contacts. The Direct Dial widget is much easier to use than the Contact widget, because Direct Dial is one touch. If you use a Contact widget, after you tap it the first time, you'll be asked to select how you want to communicate (which phone number, or texting, etc.), so that's at least 2 taps.