Group SMS/MMS with two iPhone users--not receiving messages, but they are. How can I fix this?

duke shooter

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Group SMS/MMS with two iPhone users--not receiving messages, but they are

I'm using a first gen Moto X and chompSMS, with "use MMS for group messages" switched on; I switched from an iPhone 5s. When I switched I deregistered my number with Apple and turned iMessage off on my iMac and iPad, then I started a group chat with two iPhone users. They can both see my messages, but when they text the group their messages are going to each other via iMessage, and not getting to me at all.

When I tried this with another Android user and iPhone user it worked perfectly, so I suspect it's an iMessage issue. I had both iPhone users delete the conversation and try it again, but no success.

Any ideas? Most of my family has iPhones and we all group text frequently, so this will continue to be an issue, and I may have to break down and get another iPhone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Group SMS/MMS with two iPhone users--not receiving messages, but they are

In the past they sent you iMessages, so their iMessage apps are set to send an iMessage to your number. They each have to send you at least one text with the "SMS" box checked to change that in their phones. That should fix the problem. It doesn't always - it's a known Apple bug (and it's only the 3rd millennium, so they're not going to be working on fixing it for a while).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech