Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Android. New to me, HELP

Android.
7".
Black.
Square button at 1 end.
Round 3/16ths" hole at the other end.

Back, Android, designed in USA, Made in China.

What model do I have?

Where would you suggest I buy a charger?

I have no idea, Bought on Carboot yesterday.

I do hope it works.

Thanks
GarfAndroid 2.jpg
Android 1.jpgImage1.jpgImage2.jpgImage3.jpgImage4.jpg

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android. New to me, HELP

A picture would help a lot of both the front and back. That description doesn't help much.

Does it not have a micro USB port for charging? As long as is it's not some proprietary plug you should be able to charge it off any USB charger that indicates it can charge Android.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Android.
7".
Black.
Square button at 1 end.
Round 3/16ths" hole at the other end.

Back, Android, designed in USA, Made in China.

What model do I have?

Where would you suggest I buy a charger?

I have no idea, Bought on Carboot yesterday.

I do hope it works.

Thanks
Garf

Hi Garf,

The above sounds like a game :) guess the tablet...

Sadly I don't know, when you say a square button - I can only think of the Ipad / Samsung that have physical home buttons.

Most tablets that I have came across fit my android phone charger.

Can you power the tablet on for any manufacturing info? if not does the back of the tablet have any design / product name?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Also try an app like Phone Spec or Antutu (- Information) and other apps under Device ID in Play Store, and one called About Device.

Coincidentally go into settings About Device or About Phone and Google anything under Model etc.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for your reply.
Pictures added

I can honestly say I have no idea what that tablet is - it looks old as it doesn't have a camera on the back. Can you send pictures of the ports? It's my understanding that you can't power the tablet on as it's dead, is that correct? you are just looking for a place to buy the charger?

N_LaRUE

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

You have a fairly generic looking tablet. It could be anything. I would say it's fairly old though without the rear camera. (old by tech terms)

Without you turning it on it's unlikely we'll be able to help much in this instance.

It looked familiar to me but I did some searching around and couldn't find anything that matched. I thought the designed in the USA would help but didn't.

N_LaRUE

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

Pictures of ports as required
Garf

The mini USB port on the far left should allow you to charge the device via PC or USB charger. I think the full one is reserved for USBOTG and other USB accessories but I may be wrong.

What you basically have is a generic knock off from China.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

The mini USB port on the far left should allow you to charge the device via PC or USB charger. I think the full one is reserved for USBOTG and other USB accessories but I may be wrong.

What you basically have is a generic knock off from China.

I'll counter the charge port identification and note that the markings near the round port on the right in that same picture appear to indicate that it is the charge port. The Mini-USB connector appears to indicate connectivity to a computer.

N_LaRUE

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

I'll counter the charge port identification and note that the markings near the round port on the right in that same picture appear to indicate that it is the charge port. The Mini-USB connector appears to indicate connectivity to a computer.

I have no doubt the round port is a charging port and I'll agree with that but I think the USB port will charge as well. These generic tablets tend to offer a few options. It was one of their selling points.

There are so many that look like this out there. They're still selling today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma