Why does my aunt keep getting the message on her LG F6 that keeps saying limited internal storage?

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
LG f6 storage issue

Hello,

My aunt has a lg optimus f6 and she keeps getting a message saying limited internal storage. Even when she puts a micro sd card in it still gets the same message. We have tried 2 different sd cards and they haven't worked. Does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you!

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: LG f6 storage issue

thank you for the article, but we are not trying to move apps (she deleted the ones she didn't need) she deletes text messages at the end of the day. She has pictures she takes saved on the Sd card. She saves her music on the SD card, but she is still getting low memory warning.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG f6 storage issue

thank you for the article, but we are not trying to move apps (she deleted the ones she didn't need) she deletes text messages at the end of the day. She has pictures she takes saved on the Sd card. She saves her music on the SD card, but she is still getting low memory warning.

My guide tries to explain how Internal Storage works, and why you still get low storage alerts even after you insert a microSD card. If you're running low on Internal Storage, then you may get repeated low storage alerts when you try to install more apps, or just in the course of normal operation (since apps may continue to generate data that gets stored on Internal Storage). The microSD card primarily helps if you move all of your media there. If you can move apps to SD, that can free up some Internal Storage (but usually not much). If certain apps give you the option to change their default save location to SD, that can also help. But if you're always down to around 100-200 MB of free internal storage, you'll probably still keep getting the low storage alerts.

This is the major disadvantage of devices that come with a small amount of Internal Storage (i.e., 4-8 GB). It's always best to get a device with the most Internal Storage you can afford.