Why is my Greek language sms messages always sent in capitals?

A

AC Question

Greek language sms messages sent always in capitals

When I send an sms in Greek using the Samsung Galaxy keyboard no matter how meticulously I compose it it arrives always with everything displayed in uppercase.Is there anything that I can do to resolve this so that messages arrive with their original format?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Greek language sms messages sent always in capitals

When I send an sms in Greek using the Samsung Galaxy keyboard no matter how meticulously I compose it it arrives always with everything displayed in uppercase.Is there anything that I can do to resolve this so that messages arrive with their original format?
Are you sure it's being sent in lower case letters? Also, the issue could be on the recipients end, not yours. I don't see what would be causing this issue on your end, but to be safe, you can go into system settings > applications > Samsung keyboard > clear cache and see if that fixes the problem.

Let us know how that goes.

perkoz

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem running Android 4.4.2 on an HTC Desire 510 and it is on the sender's end, specifically with text messages. Solutions posted elsewhere have been successful for other phones but I have not come across one yet for this phone. Based on what has worked for other phones (and what seems to be well hidden on this phone), I need to find an Input Mode in the Settings for Text Messages to get un-stuck from the caps-only mode for the Greek keyboard when texting from an HTC phone.

christinapsl

Jan 3, 2020
Visit site
I have a Huawei phone and it happens to me too, whenever i am writing the text to sms someone the letters appear normal with lowercase, then when it gets sent the letters appear in uppercase. I have been searching for a long time how to fix this and i have not find a solution yet. It gets pretty annoying bc other people think that I do it on purpose.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you try using a 3rd party SMS app like Textra to see if the same thing happens?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke