Long-Press doesn't allow me to add Apps, Shortcuts etc. to Home Screen. How can I do this?

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Long-Press Doesn't Allow me to Add Apps, Shortcuts etc. to Home Screen

I use Nova Launcher prime. I use Folder Organizer for creating folder/shortcuts.

Up until yesterday, long-pressing on my home screen would prompt a menu asking if I'd like to add Apps, Widgets, SHORTCUTS (this is the necessarry part) etc.

Now, it just opens some weird menu where I can only add widgets or change wallpaper, or open Nova-Launcher's settings. Wtf?

I need to use Folder Organizer still! I need to get 'shortcuts' onto my home-screen >_>

Help?

Edit: I solved this buy using the FO widget in a really round-about way.

Still pretty mad that my whole menu structure was changed via update without my explicit permission to (either) the maker of Nova Launcher or Samsung. I don't know if a Nova or System update is responsible, but whoever is responsible know that I am pissed.

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Long-Press Doesn't Allow me to Add Apps, Shortcuts etc. to Home Screen

Something changed. Now to access to the old shortcuts list you have to select widgets first and then go to the specific app or through Nova Activities. That's strange. Maybe it's related to some changes in the quick settings shortcuts that started happening yesterday. Some phones, as mine, put a funny new toggle and many Samsung owners are complaining that the mobile toggle disappeared.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Long-Press Doesn't Allow me to Add Apps, Shortcuts etc. to Home Screen

I use Nova Launcher prime. I use Folder Organizer for creating folder/shortcuts.

Up until yesterday, long-pressing on my home screen would prompt a menu asking if I'd like to add Apps, Widgets, SHORTCUTS (this is the necessarry part) etc.

Now, it just opens some weird menu where I can only add widgets or change wallpaper, or open Nova-Launcher's settings. Wtf?

I need to use Folder Organizer still! I need to get 'shortcuts' onto my home-screen >_>

Help?

Hey! I was changing a couple of things in my setup and remembered your post. You can get those apps/shortcuts options when you set an icon swipe up action with Nova Prime. Have you tried that already?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance