Does Google photos remove pictures from your hard drive Mac or your Phone?

sophiegriff

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
does google photos remove pictures from your hard drive Mac or your Phone?

I read and read and basically I do not understand how Photos works.If you start google photos does it grab all your photos and video from your hard drive and remove them or leave them on your hard drive/phone Can you delete them from photos without losing the original on your hard drive or phone. Can I just pick some photos to make a story book without it sucking them all up to the cloud/drive. Where does it put them? Google Drive?
I have a mac and I have not used the iCloud either. I once was told by apple that you should make copies before using iCloud because if you no longer have some kind of apple device they could be gone.
I store 70G of pictures on my computer and copies on flash drives. I also have a Galaxy S4 so I just physically move photos to my SD card there or take them off and put them on my computer hard drive and various other storage media. I do the same with the sd cards from my camera.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: does google photos remove pictures from your hard drive Mac or your Phone?

I read and read and basically I do not understand how Photos works.If you start google photos does it grab all your photos and video from your hard drive and remove them or leave them on your hard drive/phone Can you delete them from photos without losing the original on your hard drive or phone. Can I just pick some photos to make a story book without it sucking them all up to the cloud/drive. Where does it put them? Google Drive?
I have a mac and I have not used the iCloud either. I once was told by apple that you should make copies before using iCloud because if you no longer have some kind of apple device they could be gone.
I store 70G of pictures on my computer and copies on flash drives. I also have a Galaxy S4 so I just physically move photos to my SD card there or take them off and put them on my computer hard drive and various other storage media. I do the same with the sd cards from my camera.

Welcome to Android Central!

You can upload all the photos from your Mac to the Google photos drive. If you let Google compress them they will give you unlimited storage. When you upload them from your Mac it is only uploading a copy of the picture. The picture will remain on your Mac/phone until you delete it from one of them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma