Calendar will Synch, but with limits. Is this normal?

TB222

May 18, 2015
Visit site
I've searched the forum and found lots of Calendar synch topics, but nothing addressing my specific question.

I have a Note 4, running Lollipop 5.0.1
I'm using the stock Calendar app (I prefer it's display to the Google App) and synch it with my Google calendar online.

I'm able to synch with no issues for any event or task that is recurring.

However, I'm noticing any non-recurring event that occurs more than 12 months in the future only shows up on the online version of the calendar.

For example, I have an event that occurs once a year, but on different dates. I've put the dates for a couple of these into my calendar online but nothing non-recurring shows up on the phone calendar past June of 2016.

Is there a limit of 12 months for synch of non-recurring events?

I've checked all settings I know to check on the phone app and online and see nothing that I think would affect this.

Ideas?
====================
Did some digging and found that if I create an event that's more than a year ahead on my phone it will sync to the online calendar on Google. It just won't show up on my phone calendar past 12 months (for non-recurring) if the event is created online.

I checked a family member with iPhone that uses Google calendar and no sync issues for such events (we have the same event). His was generated online like mine and shows up on his stock iPhone calendar.

I checked 2 people I know with older versions of Android (KitKat and ICS).
Both had this same event on their calendar online and neither of their phones show it after sync.

So this appears to be limited to Down Sync from online Calendar since you can create on the phone calendar and send it up to the online one.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised. I've noticed that the Google Calendar app only syncs a certain amount of time into the past, and it varies with each of my calendars. I suspect it has to do with how many events, not the actual time. This might apply to future events as well, and since stock Calendar apps are pretty close to the Google Calendar app, you may see the same phenomenon.

TB222

May 18, 2015
Visit site
BDiddy - Thanks for the input so quickly. I did a little digging and will edit my first post to show what I've found. I'll be able to add more later today when I visit someone with KitKat on their phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair