Why isn't ATF working on my Samsung Galaxy A4?

A

AC Question

ATF not working in Samsung Galaxy A4

ATF is not working on iMac/Yosemite 10.10.3. The target mobile is a Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 with Android KitKat 4.4.

I have tried all the workarounds i.e. reloading ATF, changing USBs etc. The Apple software systems information tells me that the Android is connected to the USB 3.0 Hi-Speed bus and the Galaxy tells me it is connected as a media device.

But ATF tells me "Could not connect to device". I have tried tethering the phone to the USB but no difference.

(Bluetooth is working OK but too slow for file transfer.)

Help!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: ATF not working in Samsung Galaxy A4

ATF is not working on iMac/Yosemite 10.10.3. The target mobile is a Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 with Android KitKat 4.4.

I have tried all the workarounds i.e. reloading ATF, changing USBs etc. The Apple software systems information tells me that the Android is connected to the USB 3.0 Hi-Speed bus and the Galaxy tells me it is connected as a media device.

But ATF tells me "Could not connect to device". I have tried tethering the phone to the USB but no difference.

(Bluetooth is working OK but too slow for file transfer.)

Help!

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried installing Samsung Kies to make sure yo have the correct drivers installed?

Kies