Why does my phone say unfortunately the process com google process gapps has stopped?

Lebo Skhosana

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
why doesy phone say unfortunately the process com google process gapps has stopped?

I have huawei ascend y300 and the message "unfortunately the process com Google process gapps has stopped. followed by other apps.messenger.exchange services. du battery saver. it appears every 2seconds I can't even use the phone. tried clearing data and cache of Google related apps under app manager and select all. nothing happens. please help it has been 6 days now.

then when I try to go home it says huawei home has stopped then can't access any apps at all

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: why doesy phone say unfortunately the process com google process gapps has stopped?

I have huawei ascend y300 and the message "unfortunately the process com Google process gapps has stopped. followed by other apps.messenger.exchange services. du battery saver. it appears every 2seconds I can't even use the phone. tried clearing data and cache of Google related apps under app manager and select all. nothing happens. please help it has been 6 days now.

then when I try to go home it says huawei home has stopped then can't access any apps at all

Welcome to Android Central!

Try booting in to recovery and wiping the partition cache only.

How to enter Huawei Ascend Y300 recovery mode
Power off your device.
Boot in recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Volume Down and Power Button at the same time.
Release all buttons when the Huawei Ascend Y300 screen flickers and in a few seconds the Recovery screen will appear.

Lebo Skhosana

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: why doesy phone say unfortunately the process com google process gapps has stopped?

Thank u for replying. I done that, clear the cache in recovary, still the same thing. Not just google services but sometimes other apps and home. Help please its been 9days

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Thank u for replying. I done that, clear the cache in recovary, still the same thing. Not just google services but sometimes other apps and home. Help please its been 9days

You just might need to do a factory reset to get fixed up. If you do that make sure you do a backup of everything before you do it.

Lebo Skhosana

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I've done a factory reset by pressing power and volume up button and select factory reset but still won't work. I've done it it under settings as well but I can't factory reset as the unfortunately messages keep popping up :(

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've done a factory reset by pressing power and volume up button and select factory reset but still won't work. I've done it it under settings as well but I can't factory reset as the unfortunately messages keep popping up :(

The only other thing I can suggest is follow the guide below to do an emergency recovery on your phone. This will basically download a new copy of the OS, clear out the old copy, and get you started fresh.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...amsung-emergency-recovering-samsung-kies.html

satish kumar195068

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site

i have redmi2 xiaomi mobile which have kitkatv4.4 OS and the message "unfortunately the process com Google process gapps has stopped.
what to do?
Welcome to Android Central!

Try booting in to recovery and wiping the partition cache only.

How to enter Huawei Ascend Y300 recovery mode
Power off your device.
Boot in recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Volume Down and Power Button at the same time.
Release all buttons when the Huawei Ascend Y300 screen flickers and in a few seconds the Recovery screen will appear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress