Twitter notification sound?

xArgieboy

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys. I recently got my first ever Android phone some days ago. I set up a new launcher, all the settings and everything is fine. Except for Twitter. I went into Twitter > settings > my account > notification sound and selected the one I want, but every time I get notified, the "default notification" of the phone comes up that I set (basically the one for texts I think it is). Do I have to do it a different way or is Twitter's app problem? I already tried reinstalling it, still no solution. Thank you very much :)

mattbooty

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Just upgraded to a new phone and while i was able to do this on my old phone I notice now I cannot (maybe its a bug in a recent version of the app and I just set it on my old phone before the bug appeared?). Any solution for this? I tried wiping data and reinstalling twitter, no use.

thapar

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Twitter needs to fix this ****. I wonder if people updating from a previous version don't have this issue because their settings carry over. It may only be an issue for new installs that are trying to change their notification from the default.

mattbooty

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I experienced this when moving to the Galaxy s6 from an older phone and setting everything up from scratch. I've noticed a lot if not all of the complaints on forums about this issue are from people with s6's so its possible this issue is only affecting that model phone?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a GS6 Edge but hasn't try changing the notification for twitter.
I'll change it later today and will get back here to let you know how it works.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Confirmed, it will sound with the default notification sound.
That's weird!

Sent From my Gold Platinum Galaxy S6 Edge

flintmech

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Just upgraded to an S6 Edge+ and having the exact same problem.

I've noticed this detail: when I select the notification ringtone that I want and press back to return to the previous settings page, the following message appears briefly at the bottom of my screen:

"In order for the feature to work smoothly, login verification notifications cannot be turned off."
Assuming the message is related to whatever is causing the sound setting to not work, I have no idea what it's actually talking about. I can't find anything relating to "login verification notifications", and searching Google for the exact phrase turns up nothing - maybe posting this comment here will change that, at least.

Here's a screenshot of the message. Again, this flashes for just a brief second upon returning from the Ringtone select screen:

2015-12-02 17.50.07.jpg

oddtay

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
The problem is there is no OK/Cancel button on the sound dialog box. My wife has a Note 4 and she has an OK button on this setting and is able to select a different sound.

My Note 5 doesn't have an OK button and backing out is the same as canceling.

This is my wife's Note 4. It has an OK button. Same version of Twitter that I have.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1346.jpg
    1346.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 25

thapar

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
That's peculiar. Other apps allow you to select ringtones without pressing any "OK" button (it's just saved by pressing the Back arrow).

oddtay

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
All the reports I've seen are from newer Samsung phones so I have to wonder if it's something Samsung has done.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007