Streaming Music to My Car - Question

sweat

May 28, 2010
Visit site
We just bought a brand new Hyundai Santa Fe. This our first vehicle with a USB and an iPod port and we'd like to take advantage of it. (For those of you familiar with Hyundai's, we have the navigation system in our SUV.)

We both have Android phones. (She has a Samsung Epic and Sprint is sending me a HTC Evo.) When I plug her Epic into the USB port, the SUV allows us to play music from the phone, but I can only play one artist at a time.

I use DoubleTwist to sync music from our PCs to our phones. Thus, the directory on the SD card is Music > Artist > Songs. When I plug the phone into the Santa Fe, the screen asks me to go through the folders until I get to an individual artist or band. Thus, I can listen to the Beatles, but I can't have the SUV give me an assortment of the Beatles, the White Stripes, the Blacked Eyed Peas and Miles Davis, for instance.

Is there a way around this? Perhaps a playlist that my vehicle recognizes and plays? Alternatively, if we were to buy an iPod, would the song playing options be any different?

Thanks in advance.

sweat

May 28, 2010
Visit site
After I posted this, I went through the car manual and figured out how to stream audio via bluetooth. (I had to enable audio via bluetooth.)

This allows me to choose the music app on the phone and works better than the USB connection.

Thanks for the reply though.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
We just bought a brand new Hyundai Santa Fe. This our first vehicle with a USB and an iPod port and we'd like to take advantage of it. (For those of you familiar with Hyundai's, we have the navigation system in our SUV.)

We both have Android phones. (She has a Samsung Epic and Sprint is sending me a HTC Evo.) When I plug her Epic into the USB port, the SUV allows us to play music from the phone, but I can only play one artist at a time.

I use DoubleTwist to sync music from our PCs to our phones. Thus, the directory on the SD card is Music > Artist > Songs. When I plug the phone into the Santa Fe, the screen asks me to go through the folders until I get to an individual artist or band. Thus, I can listen to the Beatles, but I can't have the SUV give me an assortment of the Beatles, the White Stripes, the Blacked Eyed Peas and Miles Davis, for instance.

Is there a way around this? Perhaps a playlist that my vehicle recognizes and plays? Alternatively, if we were to buy an iPod, would the song playing options be any different?

Thanks in advance.
Your stereo is not running DoubleTwist like your pc does. Your stereo is opening each song as an individual file that it is.
Why not see if you can install a bluetooth adapter inline to the stereo that way you would then even have the option for Pandora or Slacker radio

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz