Which should I get the Samsung Galaxy S3 (2012) vs. Moto E (2015)?

Icarus3000

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S3 (2012) vs. Moto E (2015)

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area, but new to this site and looking for some experienced opinions.

I'm looking for an inexpensive phone for my 12 year old daughter. I can get either the SIII or the Moto E for the same price. I realize the SIII was a higher end device in its day, but the Moto E is a newer model. From the specs, the SIII looks to be a better deal to me (better screen, better camera, flash). So... I am leaning towards the SIII.

Can anyone think of a reason why this is a bad decision, i.e. would anyone take a Moto E over an SIII? If so, why?

Many thanks!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 (2012) vs. Moto E (2015)

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area, but new to this site and looking for some experienced opinions.

I'm looking for an inexpensive phone for my 12 year old daughter. I can get either the SIII or the Moto E for the same price. I realize the SIII was a higher end device in its day, but the Moto E is a newer model. From the specs, the SIII looks to be a better deal to me (better screen, better camera, flash). So... I am leaning towards the SIII.

Can anyone think of a reason why this is a bad decision, i.e. would anyone take a Moto E over an SIII? If so, why?

Many thanks!

Welcome to Android Central!

It will be a hard choice, have you had a chance to use both of them? I would say the Moto E mainly because it will continue to get updates whereas the S3 is at the end of its cycle for updates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37