Why do I have a massive internal storage and tiny usb storage?

A

AC Question

Why do I have a massive internal storage and tiny usb storage

My tablet has a total 16gig of room. 12gig on internal storage and 1.2gig on usb. Why is it that I have a massive internal storage when everything downloads to usb? I seem to have all of this room that I cannot use

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why do I have a massive internal storage and tiny usb storage

My tablet has a total 16gig of room. 12gig on internal storage and 1.2gig on usb.
You're confusing two things. USB is a connection between the phone and another device (like your computer), it's not storage.

Of the 16GB of ROM, as much as half of it can be taken by the Linux/Android partition, the recovery partition and the download partition. Of the 12GB of internal storage, a lot of that can be used by system apps, data your apps are saving, etc.

You should see 2 storage places on your computer when you plug the USB cable from the phone to the computer - the external card if you have one (called Card) and the internal sd card (basically just a folder named sdcard) on the phone, called Phone. That's the only storage you'll see on a computer - the sdcard folder.

Why is it that I have a massive internal storage when everything downloads to usb?
It can't be downloading to USB, it's downloading to a folder, probably named Download. Once you've done what you want with a file you've downloaded, you can delete it from there, you don't need it any more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol