Why are my Outbound Calls being ID'd & Logged under 1 (incorrect) contact?

A

AC Question

Outbound Calls being ID'd & Logged under 1 (incorrect)contact

Like many of you I am sure, I have many contacts within different companies and have a common business phone # (main line) and then their respective extensions.

For Inbound calls I get why my call ID is going to pick the "first" contact to ID using that common main line # as the reference.

BUT, on my outbound calls. When I select and call "Debbie".. the phone is then displaying "Mike" as who's being called, and also logging this as Mike in my Call history. When the call goes through it is the programmed extension for "Debbie's" that will pop up to auto enter - so I do get to Debbie.. but later in the day if I need to refer to my call history.. it only has Mike listed.

Does anyone know how to have the phone log the actual contact that was selected and to stop picking a "primary/lead" ID for common numbers.

I hope I explained this well enough. Thanks in advance.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Outbound Calls being ID'd & Logged under 1 (incorrect)contact

I understand exactly what you want...however, I am not sure that there is a way to accomplish this. I'm interested to know as well, so will be keeping an eye out for a solution and will share it should I come across one.

MKITGO2

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Outbound Calls being ID'd & Logged under 1 (incorrect)contact

Thanks srkmagnus... feels good to not be alone. It seems like a simple enough concept (to me anyway) and am suprised at the behaviour... the other part I can't quite figure out... which could provide a work around.. is the logic that android or contats is using to pick the common representative for a particular #. It isn't my most frequent contact for that #, it isn't the first alphabetically (first or last name) it seems almost random.

MK