Can I access my phone on tablet?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If I buy a Samsung tablet, can I use the tablet to access android phone like Samsung Galaxy S4?

I mean the tablet is bigger, can the tablet act like a clone of the phone, when I get home can I use the tablet bigger screen to access whatever is on my phone. Bigger screen is easier to operate. When i am outside I am using a phone as it is more portable.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There's some functions you can access. For example, you can use push bullet (download from the Play Store) to send and receive text, access files, etc.

Is there anything in particular you want to have access to? We'll try to provide better recommendations.

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
There's some functions you can access. For example, you can use push bullet (download from the Play Store) to send and receive text, access files, etc.

Is there anything in particular you want to have access to? We'll try to provide better recommendations.

I want to use everything on the phone via the tablet. The tablet is bigger, it is easier to navigate around.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I want to use everything on the phone via the tablet. The tablet is bigger, it is easier to navigate around.

Did you look at the app I suggested in post 2 of your thread? Samsung makes an app that should allow you to do most of what you want.

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Did you look at the app I suggested in post 2 of your thread? Samsung makes an app that should allow you to do most of what you want.

That app seems like ok, it looks like it created multiscreen and one of the screen is showing the phone. Is there a way to completely let the phone occupy the whole tablet?
I don't need to use the tablet when using the phone. I mean I just want the tablet to become my "enlarged phone"

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What are you doing on the phone that couldn't be done directly on the tablet? I don't have any experience with the app (I have a Moto X for my phone), I just know it exists.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, can you give a specific example of what you're trying to do? For the most part you can install the same apps on the phone and tablet and use them both that way.

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I intend to get a tablet (that cannot fit into my pocket) and use it as a GPS and map. (mount it on my car). I have no other uses for the tablet.
I have a phone (that can fit into my pocket) and I use it as a phone, during the day I might have messages, notes stored into the phone.

At night at home, I would still need to use the phone. Since I am at home, I would prefer a bigger screen (tablet) to act as my phone. I want the tablet to act as a "magnifying glass" for my phone, display my exact phone on the tablet. I want to use the tablet because it is everything is bigger. just like someone who is using a 14inch laptop, they would plug in to their 28 inch lcd monitor for a bigger display when they get home.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I intend to get a tablet (that cannot fit into my pocket) and use it as a GPS and map. (mount it on my car). I have no other uses for the tablet.
I have a phone (that can fit into my pocket) and I use it as a phone, during the day I might have messages, notes stored into the phone.

At night at home, I would still need to use the phone. Since I am at home, I would prefer a bigger screen (tablet) to act as my phone. I want the tablet to act as a "magnifying glass" for my phone, display my exact phone on the tablet. I want to use the tablet because it is everything is bigger. just like someone who is using a 14inch laptop, they would plug in to their 28 inch lcd monitor for a bigger display when they get home.
You can essentially set your tablet to be almost identical as your phone (with the exception of the calling features). Just download everything from the Play Store and adjust it accordingly. There are apps (suggested already) that will allow you access to text of your phone from your tablet. For calling, you can use a voip or other online service that allows voice messaging (not through your carrier). If you want to "see" your phone via the tablet and access everything then that's not quite possible.