Why aren't files transferred from my PC showing on my Android?

A

AC Question

File transferred from PC not showing on android

First off I'm trying to transfer messages from an older htc phone which is not locked to any carrier.

I connect the phone to the pc and choose 'media device', and the following android folders show up on the pc:

1. where
2. my documents
3. media
4. lost.dir
5. download
6. dcim
7. data
8. android
9. .data
10. .bookmark_thumb1
11. .android_secure

1. I first wonder what folder does Removable Disk D: on the pc represent on android?
I'd think it represented the main screen, but when I placed a file directly under D: nothing showed up on the android's main screen.

2. I then placed the file in the download folder (see above), where other downloaded files can be seen on the PC, so I figured placing a file there must show up on android, but it didn't. So why won't the file show up on android when I can see it on the pc? How can I get the file to show up on android?

3. Is it possible to view more folders on the pc than the ones shown by default, some of which are empty?

appreciate any answer

btw, I can't download anything directly on the phone since it's not on any network.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: File transferred from PC not showing on android

First off I'm trying to transfer messages from an older htc phone which is not locked to any carrier.

I connect the phone to the pc and choose 'media device', and the following android folders show up on the pc:

1. where
2. my documents
3. media
4. lost.dir
5. download
6. dcim
7. data
8. android
9. .data
10. .bookmark_thumb1
11. .android_secure

1. I first wonder what folder does Removable Disk D: on the pc represent on android?
I'd think it represented the main screen, but when I placed a file directly under D: nothing showed up on the android's main screen.

2. I then placed the file in the download folder (see above), where other downloaded files can be seen on the PC, so I figured placing a file there must show up on android, but it didn't. So why won't the file show up on android when I can see it on the pc? How can I get the file to show up on android?

3. Is it possible to view more folders on the pc than the ones shown by default, some of which are empty?

appreciate any answer

btw, I can't download anything directly on the phone since it's not on any network.

Welcome to Android Central!

Can you not connect the phone to wifi and download SMS Backup?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888