5.1 Help Keypad Lock and notifications

Singe1

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi
I am a fan of Android.
I have two niggles, that I cannot quite find a definitive answer to
My network has just upgraded my Moto G to 5.1.My apologies if you had this upgrade earlier and seen these questions to many times

1. Is there a way, or thir party app that moves the Keypad lock to the Front home screen rather than having to flick up?

2 . Notifications. I like the icon notifications, but want to disable the alert sound and I think its a Vibrate alert for a few apps.
I have the main settings disable, but still I get the sound notificaitons.
I have tried via Seer app, but none work.
Has anyone had success in getting the icon notificaiton only? Or is a feature I have to live with.

Thanks, in advance for your help

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Singe1. Welcome to the forums!

1. The swipe up before the lockscreen can't be avoided. You can change in your settings when your phone will lock (time after sleep, power button doesn't lock instantly, smart lock options, etc). Let us know if you need help with these features.

2. You can stop the vibration and sounds inside each specific app settings.

Singe1

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks JAvier
1. Noted number 1. Hopefully changed in the future, but I acknowledge it is a minor niggle not a real difficulty.

Re 2. I have tried in several apps, ebay amongst others, I can't seem to silence the alarm and/or vib rate without losing the noticaition at the top of the screen. I 'd be grateful for any pointers. EDIT, just found the Facebook and ebay ones, so that is a major annoyance sorted. Thanks. I guess a few of the others donlt have the control, and is a "feature"!