Why do my group messages also come as individual "Downloading..." messages?

solvr

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
My friend and I have this same problem so I don't think it is phone specific but we both have Android phones through Verizon (mine is Sony, his is Nokia).
We are able to receive and reply to group messages fine but we will also receive individual texts from the group participants that say "Downloading..." or "Click to download" but clicking it doesn't lead to anything.

Is there a way to fix this issue? It is very annoying. At least on my phone, it causes things to slow down because double messages are coming in.

I use the Hangouts App but he uses the normal messaging, not sure if that makes a difference.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
My friend and I have this same problem so I don't think it is phone specific but we both have Android phones through Verizon (mine is Sony, his is Nokia).
We are able to receive and reply to group messages fine but we will also receive individual texts from the group participants that say "Downloading..." or "Click to download" but clicking it doesn't lead to anything.

Is there a way to fix this issue? It is very annoying. At least on my phone, it causes things to slow down because double messages are coming in.

I use the Hangouts App but he uses the normal messaging, not sure if that makes a difference.

1, Try Google Messenger -

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e.android.apps.messaging&hl=en&token=7xMs6fok

2. make sure your APN settings are set exactly as your carrier recommends.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2