Why are my apps still running in the background when I close the apps?

A

AC Question

because of most running app in backround

whn we installed lots of app in mobile and we open it and we close the apps but still it run in backround automatic updates

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: because of most running app in backround

This is how Android works, it is not bad. Smartphone memory is slow, so the system tries to use it all every time, so if you go back to an app, probably it is already loaded in memory and you save time.
System will manage memory and it will free memory when you need it for other purposes. Usually it works fine.

Mesgames1

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site

Bro is how android works because if you have the app loaded in memory you save the "open time"

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

The others are right in that apps remain loaded in memory, but they are just dormant and not using battery power. This is also why programs like Clean Master and other "memory optimization" apps are a bad idea.

...automatic updates

Are you talking about updates like an email app syncing and updating to show new email notifications? That's normal and app dependent. They usually have settings in the app to adjust how often they sync to help save some battery life.

If you're talking about updating the app version, such as through Google Play, that's also normal but can be deactivated in the Play app. I recommend turning automatic updates off. This way, you can decide if/when you want to update. If you're not on Wi-Fi when an update is available, this prevents it from running up your data plan. If you don't like the update changes or the reviews are pointing out problems, then you can remain on the earlier version and save yourself some headaches.