Can I get some help with some Samsung E5 Gmail problems?

A

AC Question

samsung E5 Gmail problems

I decided with a new phone (Samsung S5)I would set up another gmail account. I forgot the password and tried to reset it, it reset the password on my ORIGINAL account instead and now I cannot do anything with the new one, delete it, reset password etc. I brought my old gmail to the phone and set it as primary hoping the other would not pop up anymore.No such luck.
Whatever i do with Google or Chrome the error message pops up "wrong password try again" it is intrusive and annoying. I really dont want to factory reset the phone. Any ideas? I dont use the phone for much more than contacting friends. Putting email on was a mistake I have enough gadgets.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung E5 Gmail problems

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Accounts-Google​. Select the account you want to remove, tap Menu, and Remove Account.

ninamma

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site

Thanks B.Diddy, I had already done that but the damn ID will not go away. my other gmail works fine on the phone but this message wont quit and insists it is my primary email.
Wrong Password try again, and then the "cancel" wont make it go away either. I just went back to the google settings to see if I could do it again and the error message there was that there is a problem with the "sync" try again later. Grrrr.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

What happens if you remove all Google accounts from the phone, then proceed to add back only the primary account that you want?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995