Why do removed apps keep reinstalling themselves?

A

AC Question

Removed apps keep reinstalling themselves

Okay, so. This is not my tablet, I am trying to fix it for someone else. the tablet in question, a Fondi T708B has some sort of app installed that:

* Keeps reinstalling itself
* Downloads and installs other apps automatically.

The stubborn apps seem to be called TimeService and Monkey Test. I have looked up other threads online and found multiple users claiming they are not able to get rid of these apps AT ALL. I have tried the following:

* Disabling install from unknown sources.
* Disabling automatic updates.
* Various anti-malware and -virus scanners (Malwarebytes, 360 Security etc).
* Disabling the Google account automatic backup.
* Factory restore

The anti-malware scanners also picked up malware in the following:

* com.android.provision.confirm
* com.nb.superuser
* Setting Provider

Since the issue is prevalent right after doing a factory restore, it leads me to think the default rom already has this issue or something is not wiped when the factory restore is done (lots of user files still remain it seems).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Malan.

KamalBhai

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi, did you got the solution for this querry or not? I'm also facing the same issue with my Gionee Gpad G2 mobile. Malwarebytes detected infection in "com.android.provision.confirm". It even doesn't get uninstalled.

I had soft reset as well as hard reset the mobile but no help. Everytime I reset the device, the Malware gets auto installed.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

88RAE

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
You should go see all your apps and disable all "build-in" ones that seem suspicious. I have had many of them on my phone , they are not usual apps that appear in "downloaded apps". For example Kiwi, Avatar, Wolf , com.android.provision/keyguard and etc; system input, setting, non-named apps and literally everything that you can disable but your downloaded apps and build in ones like Phone, Contacts, Camera, etc.

There goes my question: How do i remove the com.android.... viruses?:'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez