Will moving my applications to my Sd card improve my battery life?

A

AC Question

Will moving my applications to my Sd card improve my battery life

My battery can be fully charged when I go to sleep and by the time I wake up it's dead. How do I stop my applications from running in the background. Will moving them to my SD card stop that from happening? Or do you think I might need a new battery

mehigh101

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Will moving my applications to my Sd card improve my battery life

It's nlt the apps that drain the battery,it just might be old and it drains super fast.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lil10blondie

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site

thank you for the reply, what is the best battery mAh to buy for my Samsung galaxy Note 3

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

It could indeed be an ageing battery, but what do your battery stats indicate as the users of charge after such an overnight drain? If you can, post a screenshot of them here.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

The larger the mAh rating of the battery, the longer it lasts between charges, but anything more than about 4000mAh is going to require a special back (they come with the larger batteries) and makes the phone thicker. (It also won't fit into any Note 3 case.) The best battery capacity to buy depends on how large a phone you're willing to put up with, how heavy a phone you're willing to put up with, how much you're willing to spend and how much room you have somewhere else (like a pocket) for a power bank.

Letting the battery discharge below 40% kills it faster, so that may be one of your problems. (If you need more time between charges than 60% of the battery capacity gives you, use a power bank - [Review] - Coocheer® 7500mAh Rugged Water Resistant Power Bank - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com is one I just reviewed and I love it. [And it's $20 and a few pennies until the end of July.] Two full recharges from 40%.)

Moving an app to the SD card actually moves pieces of the app - VERY few apps are written to be moved in a single piece. And even then, Android looks in internal storage, finds a link to where the app is in the SD card and goes there to get it - so it uses MORE battery (not much) and slows the phone down a little (not much).

If all you need (or the most important thing is) battery life, get an iPhone. they're great on battery (and iMessage and not much else.) If you want an Android phone, get used to the fact that getting through a busy 8 hour day without a charge is pushing it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz