How do I transfer my movies from my Galaxy Tab 4 s 10.5 onto my external SD card?

Rob Mill

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
How to transfer my movies from my Galaxy tab 4 s 10.5 onto my external SD card.

Guys, I know this question has already been asked before but I'm struggling to sort this.

I recently bought a Galaxy tab 4 s 10.5, which only has a 16gb storage.
I also bought a 64gb scandisk micro sdxc card with it so that I could download my HD films onto it.
However, I cannot transfer my movies onto the SD card even though it offers me the option in the movies settings.
I have looked at some of the other help sites but get stuck when it asks me to go into the 'my files' page as it asks me to click in the top right hand corner on the 3 horizontal lines.....I don't have that option.
I really need an idiots guide on how to do this.
I'm sure I'm not the only person that's struggling with this.
please help.
thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to transfer my movies from my Galaxy tab 4 s 10.5 onto my external SD card.

My Files/Videos. Long press one you want to copy to the SD card, then tap the rest.

Menu key/Copy.

SD memory card.

Choose the folder you want to put them in.

Upper right corner - Paste here.

Once you check that all the copied files are good, go back to Video, long press the same files, trash can (at the top).

The reason you don't move the files is that if a move bombs, you have no file. If a copy bombs, you just copy it again - the original is still there. (If they're important, back them up to your computer, a cloud account, or both. You can never have too many backups.)

kathy13xia

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to transfer my movies from my Galaxy tab 4 s 10.5 onto my external SD card.

you can change the save location from My File. All new files will be saved to the SD card rather than the actual tablet, and you should then also be able to move files from the Tablet to the SD card.