Do I go carphone warehouse or network?

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
do i go carphone warehouse or network

I'm looking to get a new contract in the UK, the last contract I had was about 3-4 years ago and so I'm having a look round and noticed that carphone warehouse offers me more deals for a phone with regards mins and data and some are quite abit cheaper than what ee has to offer.

My question is why is this and as carphone warehouse is basically a middle man who controls what if I have problems eg signal issues - is it the phone and I go back to c/w or is it ee.

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations with c/w .

thanks for any help
tbg

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
My only experience of dealing with Carphone Warehouse is in having bought phones from the....a total of five now. I found them to give excellent service in each case.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: do i go carphone warehouse or network

CPW stores say they will match any network deal (they don't do Three), the advantage is you get an unlocked device without EE software.

Conversely they now have their own MVNO (piggyback) network that uses Three.

I would think their EE deals on major phones are the same. I was told if EE wee doing a special deal they would want proof to price match.
They may do specials on particular or out of date models.

Let us know what you are looking at.

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

i'm looking at the lg g4. EE has the best signal in my area but no 4g .

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

i'm looking at the lg g4. EE has the best signal in my area but no 4g .
Welcome to Android Central.

Wow. Taking the 5gb or 2gb data with unlimited minutes, there's a massive difference in price.
That must be what you meant obviously.

5gb on the EE network (with unlimited minutes) is £37 pm with a £30 up front, or £42 with no upfront through Carphone Warehouse. 10 gb is 45 pm.

The same 5gb ulm is £47 pm with no up front direct from EE. I think EE are milking it. The G4 has been out a while now.

I would definitely go through CPW.

It used to be CPW had service stores where they could repair or replace for you.
Through CPW your contract would still be with EE, AFAIK, and I would imagine you may be better served through CPW if you encounter an issue with the device.
I don't know without asking both CPW and EE what their repair procedures are these days.

If you are happy with the signal I would go for EE through CPW.

Bear in mind that Three for example, while having bought less 4G spectrum, they have a low frequency band that is better over longer distances and through buildings, so if you can try Three out if you are in a mildly remote area.

I am on Three in South London and it is now fine and improving, but I tried EE last year and it was incredibly fast for me.

Good luck.

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the help. That's exactly what I was looking at and wondering why the difference, seems strange. Also I would love three as some people I know have great internet but I tried it on my moto g and signal drop of in places I didn't want it to , so find it hard to leave EE .
Any more opinions would be great.

Thanks

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the help. That's exactly what I was looking at and wondering why the difference, seems strange. Also I would love three as some people I know have great internet but I tried it on my moto g and signal drop of in places I didn't want it to , so find it hard to leave EE .
Any more opinions would be great.

Thanks

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/414071-will-moto-g-4g-lte-phone-work-three-uk.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non