Galaxy Note 4 + JBL Bluetooth Speaker = blaring music during a call. How can I stop this from happening?

zeke009

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy Note 4 + JBL Bluetooth Speaker = blarding music during a call

***Update***
He told me his wife showed him how to properly pause/stop music from the main screen when answering a call last night.

Original post
Hello there! Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm posting here today to help out the contractor who is at our home helping us... only I won't make $40 an hour ;).

Here is the situation he described to me:
When will be listening to music on his Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Android 4.4.4) connected to his JBL Bluetooth speaker and when a call comes in the music will pause, but a few minutes in to his call the music will start blaring from the handset. The caller hears nothing at all, but the poor contractor loses a few points on his next hearing test. This happens all the time he says and even happens to his wife on her identical setup.

The music app can be anything; local music (MP3), Pandora, or anything.

I don't know if this is unique to the Note 4 or JBL speakers, so I'm trying to cast as wide a net as possible to attempt to help him.

On a side note, if anyone lives in the southern Twin Cities area in MN and is looking for a referral for a general contractor/handyman, PM me! He's really good at his trade!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 4 + JBL Bluetooth Speaker = blarding music during a call

Welcome to Android Central! I'm glad he learned how to prevent that from happening, but it still seems wrong that the phone would restart the music while the call was still going on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2