Post Factory Reset Problems

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I was having some problems with my EVO that I could not fix so I did a Factory Reset. The process went smoothly except that now I find that any wallpaper I pick will not stick so I have to keep doing picking it.

More disconcerting is that I now seem to have network problems. The phone will sometimes not connect to WiFi or 3G even though it was doing it a minute earlier. I need to restart the phone in order to get this work again. All of this was working properly before the reset so I do not think it is a hardware problem.

I am thinking that I need to do another reset but I am wondering if I should do something else and if I do another reset is there a way to make sure that it goes smoothly.

I also live 4 blocks from a Sprint store so should I just bring it in for a replacement since I have the insurance?

FYI, the phone was never rooted.

Doc

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried toggling on/off the Wifi and Mobile Network? Give it another factory reset and may try updating the PRL by going to settings.

I don't know what is causing the wallpapers to not stick. Are you using stock UI? Or Launcher Pro/ADW?

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I updated PRL along with checking for any firmware or HTC updates immediately after I had completed the reset.

WiFi can sometimes be reset by using the toggle switch but 3G needs a phone restart to start working properly again.

I have Launcher Pro (free version) on the phone but when I chose a wallpaper it showed up in both HTC Sense and Launcher Pro, for a while at least.

Also, this may not have any bearing but I am using the Seidio extended 3500 battery.

Will try another factory reset tonight and if that does not work then will bring it into Sprint. What's another couple of hours of reinstalling my apps :)

Doc

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I would highly recommend Titanium Backup (paid). It will backup all apps, including the market links, and settings if you ever decide to factory reset again. You may not use it much, but it's a life saver and speeds up the restore process :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835