How to change current Google Account to another one, and still retain all apps in the new account?

aced84

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

I have been using my business Google account/Gmail (let's call it Email1-Gmail) for a few years now, and I wanted to switch to a new personal Google account/Gmail (let's call it Email2-Gmail) in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7.

How do I change from the current Email1-Gmail to the new Email2-Gmail, and still retain all apps in the new Email2-Gmail account?'

Thanks for your help in advanced.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, the apps are tied to the account, you'll have to re-purchase apps on the personal account, and associate free apps with the personal account by clicking on "install" with that account selected in the Play Store.

You can TRY contacting the developer to see if they'll give you a code to get the app "free" on the new account but you may not have much luck there.

aced84

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
You can TRY contacting the developer to see if they'll give you a code to get the app "free" on the new account but you may not have much luck there.

Hi Hallux, thanks for the reply, appreciate that.

Ok I will try your suggestion and try to contact the developer and see what can be done about the purchased app.

Unfortunately, the apps are tied to the account, you'll have to re-purchase apps on the personal account, and associate free apps with the personal account by clicking on "install" with that account selected in the Play Store.

This is the thing I don't understand why it's not working on my device.

I have already added the new account and selected the new Email2-Gmail account on my Play Store, and I tried to uninstall one app, and reinstall it under the new Email2-Gmail account.

I went to check it out at Google Play Store app, and also on a PC, on Google Play Store's website, there's NOTHING installed under the new Email2-Gmail account.

My device is not even associated with the new Email2-Gmail account, which is really weird.

Do you or any one else here having an idea of what's going on in my case?

Again, thanks for your help, and I appreciate anyone who can jump in and give me some words on this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888