Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default Google now in french

Hey everyone. About two days ago, when ever i go to google.com, it comes up it what appears to be french. My location is set correct, and no other pages are coming up in different languages. i checked my setting in google, and it says english, any ideas whats going on with this?

Thanks!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

and I have cleared all history, cache...cleared everything out.

It's a pain but try going finding the link to the settings, go into it, find the more settings link (normally top right) change the language to something other then English. Repeat the previous steps to get it back to English. Also try signing in with your google account first.

Same thing happened to me but it was Spanish. Don't remember what I did to fix it cause it was like week 2 of owning the phone. I guess I just stumbled upon the fix cause whatever I did worked. Sorry.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I actually am "signed in" and still the darn thing is in a diff lang. I will try changing the lang back and forth to see what happens.

It's not a Hero problem either. It's a Google problem, this has happened on several different phones I've owned.

In fact the vast majority of time it happens to me is when using my WiFi connection at home.

ok i remembered what i did to fix mine, hopefully it works for you ...

(i am assuming you have google as your homepage or atleast bookmarked)
    1) Open the browser
    2) Click Menu
    3) Select "Windows"
    4) Close all windows but the french google
    5) Hit the "+"
    6) If the new window doesnt open to google automaticaly, hit menu, bookmarks, click google.
    7) Hopefully the new page is in english, now click menu, windows, close the french google page

That worked for me anyway
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Well, after changing languages back and forth...it didn't appear to work, but after a few force kills, it came back as english...Oh google...what are you trying to do to me here!

Quote Originally Posted by petersenjp View Post
    Well, after changing languages back and forth...it didn't appear to work, but after a few force kills, it came back as english...Oh google...what are you trying to do to me here!
    hmmmmm ... i had no force kills, no errors, changed no settings, Simply did what i listed above and viola! (no pun intended) Google was back to english.