What does disabled by administrator mean on my LG G Stylo?

A

AC Question

what does dissabled by administrator mean on lg g stylo?

I have an lg g stylo & i put a pattern lock on it. When i try to take it off theres only options for a pin & pattern . i dont want a lock on it but that option says " dissabled by administrators " can someone help?

saloum leb

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I have an lg stylo and to disable the administrator block on (swipe, none and knock code) go to security then certificate management then clear credential it will now unlock your lockscreen choices :)

brooksandrea15

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
I have an lg g stylo & i put a pattern lock on it. When i try to take it off theres only options for a pin & pattern . i dont want a lock on it but that option says " disabled by administrators " can someone help? I tried changing to all the different passcodes like the pattern and the knock code ect. and then clear the credentials and it still wouldn't work! someone please help all of the other replies have not halped at all.:confused:

Lynda Johnson

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
I have an lg g stylo & i put a pattern lock on it. When i try to take it off theres only options for a pin & pattern . i dont want a lock on it but that option says " disabled by administrators " can someone help? I tried changing to all the different passcodes like the pattern and the knock code ect. and then clear the credentials and it still wouldn't work! someone please help all of the other replies have not halped at all.:confused:

You have to enter your code incorrectly 3 times until the forgot password option pops up. Then enter your email info that is linked to your phone. Once you do that the lock options will come up again the swipe and none will still look gray just hit the back button and your code will be removed. Then once you go back into your settings you can set whatever kind of lock you want or just leave it off.

Last edited by a moderator:

compwhiz345

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
Re: what does dissabled by administrator mean on lg g stylo?

I have an lg g stylo & i put a pattern lock on it. When i try to take it off theres only options for a pin & pattern . i dont want a lock on it but that option says " dissabled by administrators " can someone help?

Alright, it seems that a lot of people are having issues with this. Here are a few tips to gain back the Swipe and None screen lock options for the Boost Mobile LG G Stylo 4G:
  • Make sure the Smartlock setting doesn't have a password entered as well, this could continue to gray out the options.
  • To remove the Administrative control, go into Settings, General settings, go to Security, then "Clear Credentials". This will erase all certificates that may have been installed with 3rd-party apps. This will not harm your phone, it's just risidual permission settings apps use to run. (I know a lot of people report this doesn't work, but it does. Except, then you must restart the phone for the settings to actually take affect.)
  • Restart the phone for the change to take affect.
  • Once restarted, you should be able to simply swipe the screen open by factory default.

Please note: Once you have regained access to Swipe and None screen lock options, it is likely that your previous Smartlock password will be cleared.

Last edited:

Ashley Garcia2

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site

When i turend on my phone it did not have the pin but when i got to settings it still has the pin is that going to happen

Last edited by a moderator:

j4rr1n

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
None of the above helps anymore :/ Clearing the credentials, turning the smart lock off, restarting.. still grey :/ Im on Huawei P8 Lite, Android 6.0. Any help? :/

mattymind

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
None of the above helps anymore :/ Clearing the credentials, turning the smart lock off, restarting.. still grey :/ Im on Huawei P8 Lite, Android 6.0. Any help? :/

go to settings
security
certificate management
clear credentials.
then go in like normal to change the password and you'll be able to pick none just did it with my phone