Why can't I talk to Bootloader as Windows drivers not working and manual installation returns?

A

AC Question

Can't talk to Bootloader as Windows drivers not working and manual installation returns

I'm trying to take my Nexus 7 (2012) back to the original OS (Jelly Bean) as it used to be fast and now it's unusable. I've used Wugs Nexus Root Toolkit and despite going through every scenario I'm still getting a problem. Essentially as soon as the device is dropped into Bootloader Windows drops the drivers or corrupts them or... well, they cease to work. I've tried manually installing them via several different driver packs and I get the following message from Windows (7 64 bit) 'The best driver software for your device is already installed. Windows has determined that the driver software for your device is up to date.' Then beneath it states 'Unknown device'.

Anybody else come across this problem and can help please? Driving me nuts!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't talk to Bootloader as Windows drivers not working and manual installation returns

Go to Control Panel/Programs and Features. Find the driver. Uninstall it. Reboot. Install a freshly downloaded driver. Try again.