1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Or HTC which company better supports their phone

First of all; I want to say i rarely ever post on the forums and hope this is the right section.

Okay so ATT is coming out with 3 new 4g(ish) phones. I have my eyes on the HTC Inspire and the Samsung Infuse. Right now im leaning towards the samsung inspire because it seems to have better camera and comes with 16 gb of memory. The only thing im not sure if samsung supports their devices.Do they recognize and fix bugs in a timely matter? or Lets say there is a new version of android out; is samsung known to get that version out to there consumers via an update in a reasonable time? or do they take forever or never do it at all. Because I have seen a quite a few people complaining about the captivate still not getting an official update from samsung in the united states. Should I go with the htc instead just for the reassurance? because idk if im just lucky but i havent seen to much people with high end htc phones(im assuming the htc inspire is considered high end) complaining about not recieveing an update.

So please just some thoughts and opinons.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by alecpierre View Post
    First of all; I want to say i rarely ever post on the forums and hope this is the right section.

Okay so ATT is coming out with 3 new 4g(ish) phones. I have my eyes on the HTC Inspire and the Samsung Infuse. Right now im leaning towards the samsung inspire because it seems to have better camera and comes with 16 gb of memory. The only thing im not sure if samsung supports their devices.Do they recognize and fix bugs in a timely matter? or Lets say there is a new version of android out; is samsung known to get that version out to there consumers via an update in a reasonable time? or do they take forever or never do it at all. Because I have seen a quite a few people complaining about the captivate still not getting an official update from samsung in the united states. Should I go with the htc instead just for the reassurance? because idk if im just lucky but i havent seen to much people with high end htc phones(im assuming the htc inspire is considered high end) complaining about not recieveing an update.

So please just some thoughts and opinons.
    Based on history and if you have done any searching on the Forums at all that Samsung has a bad history with updates. Who knows about the future but as of now its bad rep... this is a pretty clean cut issue so i hope this doesnt turn into a long samsung bashing thread.

HTC as of now is clearly better on the update front. So this should answer your question . hopefully this doesnt open another discussion on the matter
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:

I saw this post and thought it was sarcastic. I have an epic, my wife now owns a evo even though she wanted a qwerty keyboard. I told her to get an evo because htc's support is better either by htc itself or by the hacking community(roms,kernals, etc). Samsung has a history of not updating their phones. I had hoped with the galaxy s being so popular it would change, but it hasnt. Take it from a samsung owner, go with htc. The sense ui is amazing compared to the touchwiz.

P.s At&t doesn't have any phones updated in the past year. Change your carrier. ;-)
    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Brianadfl View Post
    Igalaxy s being so popular would change but hasn't. Take it from a samsung owner, go with htc.
    I would never go this far, i have not had a better experience with a phone yet once Rom'd. I'm super happy with my phone and i have messed with alot of phones since i have started with android

but it is lacking on updates
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Gotta agree with DroidXcon on this one. Samsung has been a victim of a lot of bad PR here in the United States, and although I have my reservations for the arguments against them (seeing as how Froyo is out for other phones outside the US on the Galaxy S line), I gotta go with HTC. I have my Fascinate and I love it, but HTC has the better track record with updates, bottom line.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

I'd go with the htc because I got my Evo on launch day and after Little over two months of ownership we had froyo.

Im not saying I don't like my phone, its the best one I've had. I'm just answering his question: who has the better support. That would be htc.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalkike

As far as support goes, HTC all the way, it's not even close. Just think about how long the DInc and Evo have had Froyo compared to Samsung's Galaxy S line in the US -- only the TMo Vibrant has 2.2 so far.

What is most telling is that Sense is both better and hooks deeper into Android itself than TouchWiz but HTC is still able to get (stable!) updates out to their phones months earlier.
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)

HTC is the best company out of all of them for updates. That aside, samsung really does a much better job building their phones/software IMO. Out of the box the galaxy S line comes with a beginner friendly task manager, a file manager, etc. Their visual design is much more appealing (once again IMO) and easier to navigate. Motorola and HTC seem to be determined to integrate everything into one app that takes 45 minutes to navigate. Honestly I think samsung has the best UI for ease of use, and base line appeal.

MY final opinion is if you want your software updates reliably HTC is a great company that makes a great product. If you want to really enjoy using your phone then samsung probably does a better job. (Please don't flame me, I just think there should be a counter point to "Software updates" considering they only do so much if you've built a really solid product first.)
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π
    defeROMs Avatar

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

I'd just wait to see which ones the hacking community picks up, because if they build custom ROMs for the phone, you can get the new versions of Android without waiting. Just my 2.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G.