Screen replacement but the LCD is not working, how can I fix it?

A

AC Question

Screen replacement but no LCD working

Unfortunately I had the misfortune of dropping my phone recently, cracking the screen and the digitizer became unresponsive. LCD was still fully working but I was unable to access the screen due to the digitizer being broke.

Anyhow thought i'd try to replace the screen myself, researched and ordered a replacement screen. Followed all the steps off many online tutorials and took the screen out and refitted all the relavant connections. After powering up the phone sound is working, LED is flashing and the digitizer is working, unfortunately there is no display- the screen is just black.

Rechecked all the connections and everything is connected fine. Is there something further i need to be doing now the screen is replaced or could there has been further damage when the phone was dropped? Note that the LCD was still working on the cracked screen just not the digitizer.

After researching alot of people have had a similar problem- everything working bar no LCD ( just showing a black screen. Anyone else had this problem or know of a solution? Something I have possibly missed? Is it time to just throw in the towel?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Screen replacement but no LCD working

This is why I say it's cheaper to pay to have it done. It could be a missed connection. It could be a pinched wire (and that could have blown something on the motherboard). It could be a lot of things. You can keep trying, but you'll probably end up paying to have it fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800