Different sounds for different notifications and contacts

jfarling

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I am new to an android, I have a Droid 2 Global. I came from several generations of Blackberry.

The one thing I loved on my BB that I cannot figure out how to do on my Droid is set specific ringtones for a spcific person when they TXT me.

Example....I had a ringtone of a banshee screaming when my ex-wife would send me a txt.

Also, is there a way to set different sounds for different notifications....email vs txt vs whatever?

Thanks,
Jay

SurgeCentral

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
quick solution, create a folder called notifications add all ringtones to it, save your contacts info on the phone memory and NOT Gmail... thats the only way to add a specific ringtone/notification to a contact

Nimocone

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
SurgeCentral, you pretty much confirmed why I can't create specific ringtones since I moved all my contacts to Gmail. I had to reset my phone and only some were saved to Gmail. Thusly, I had to re-enter a lot of contacts and I don't want to do that again. Downside is that I can't have individual ringtones anymore. Is there a way to revert them all back to the phone for ringtones and then reverse the process to back-up my contacts once a month to Gmail?

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Use Handcent for texting. You can customize notifications for specific contacts (icon, sound, even LED if your phone supports it).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad