Most stubborn Malware/ Adware- TOTAL AD PERFORMANCE (ad-type.google)?

Sagar Bhatnagar

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Most stubborn Malware/ Adware- TOTAL AD PERFORMANCE (ad-type.google)

My HP laptops browsers & Android Browsers got infected first . Chrome was badly hit by pop ups on almost every click.
Any site redirects automatically to the URL starting from ad-type.google.com and then redirecting to Total Ad Performance.com.

I cleaned all extensions from chrome, blocked pop ups, checked all necessary steps to stop these pop us, deleted cache cookies etc. , No useless software or toolbar.

Added Ad Block Plus to Chrome,Scanned with Malware bytes & Avast Security.
As of now i'm a bit relieved as less pop ups are coming but once in 5 min a pop up from Total ad performance comes and avast blocks it as Malware.

But my android Xiaomi Mi3 is badly hit. Chrome ,mozilla , local native Browser ,UC Browser all are getting pop ups at every click.
I finally decided to factory reset my phone. But still after the reset and reinstalling the browser im getting pop ups.
i scanned it my multiple malware suits and antiviruses.
Please suggest me what to do. Im really scared

Thank you
Sagar

Bharatraj Lulla

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Most stubborn Malware/ Adware- TOTAL AD PERFORMANCE (ad-type.google)

Dear Sagar,

Solution (temp):
Just disable the JavaScript from settings & you will get rid of redirects.

Problem:
Sometimes clicking a link may open the ad-type google in new tab (in PC) but it won't redirect.

Description:
I am facing this issue & haven't found a permanent solution yet. Will share if I find one.

Thanks,
Bharat

adhitiraman

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Most stubborn Malware/ Adware- TOTAL AD PERFORMANCE (ad-type.google)

My phone has been hit by the same thing. And so has every system that was connected to my friend's wifi router.
Did you ever find out how to get rid of it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2