PC Outlook sync (not hotmail)- email, rules. not only calendar and contacts. How can I do this?

Thaitrasher

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
PC Outlook sync (not hotmail)- email, rules. not only calendar and contacts.

I've been through the previous posts and a lot of people have answers to their problems with syncing calendars and contacts from PC outlook to their android device.
I am looking to sync everything. email, inbox and sent messages, rules for junk etc.
My mail app on my device works fine to pick up mails and send but I would like to have everything sync'd so my mobile sent mail shows on my pc and vice versa.
the rules are important as my work email account receives junk in abundance from other companies and over the past 10 years the rules I have put in place keeps my inbox to a manageable amount of emails per day.
I have a feeling I might be asking a bit too much from a single app but this is definitely the place to ask. It's the first forum I have looked through that doesn't make fun of people who ask noob questions.
some additional info, I don't use microsoft exchange, the email in question is a work account, pop3, not gmail, hotmail etc.

Any ideas or am I asking for too much?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: PC Outlook sync (not hotmail)- email, rules. not only calendar and contacts.

Have a look at CompanionLink it might work for your needs. App goes on your phone and connects to PC version on your desktop.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: PC Outlook sync (not hotmail)- email, rules. not only calendar and contacts.

POP3 email is slowly disappearing. No one is including the ability to filter email (aka rules) in mobile email clients because it's really only useful for POP3. IMAP does filtering, sorting and syncing folders at the server, as it should be.

Anyway, that said there is one mobile email client I'm aware of that supports POP3-style filtering. And that is Maildroid. It does rules and you can buy a spam filter subscription separately if you want. $13 for the Pro version + the optional spam filter, extra cost.

I doubt Maildroid can import your rules, but I could easily be wrong. You can email the developer to find out. With luck you won't have to enter them manually.

I think Maildroid will import your calendar but I don't think it can do your Outlook contacts. Again, I could be wrong. Outlook is a semi-standard but not really standard who cares about standards oddball piece of software. That's why it requires specialized solutions. Maybe the mentioned CompanionLink will do the job to your satisfaction.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../apps/details?id=com.maildroid&token=hZoDsDhX

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Thaitrasher

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site

so close to what i need but doesn't cover email. It is a start and i will continue to look ofr something else. many thanks for your help anyway. anyone else got any ideas, please let me know.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

??? Not sure what you mean it doesn't cover email. Email is what Maildroid does - it's an email client.

Straighten me out about this...

Thaitrasher

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site

thanks for this response. It's makingme this i should change my business email. Might make things easier. I've contacted my web guys about this. filter at the server. it makes perfect sense.
Many thanks again.
No responses telling me i am a fool. this is a very unusual site, decent people here. so refreshing to be able to ask a question and get an answer.

Thaitrasher

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site

crashdamage, the reply saying it doesn't do what i want was actually a response to Shaggy about companionlink. i hadn't read your response by then.
maildroid will work perfectly until my IT guys sort out the outdated email i'm using now. Many thanks again

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

IMAP really is better. Setup filtering, sorting all that stuff on the server and everything syncs to computers, phones, tablets, wherever. You only have to setup filtering, sorting, or whatever one time instead of on every computer or device. Email is kept on the server for easy restoration on new devices. And you get push notifications.

Time to trash POP3 and take advantage of what IMAP can do for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel