Freaking out Moto X First Gen, what did I do?!?

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
freaking out Moto x first gen what did I do?!?

so i was just looking on my moto x, running android lollipop and i was trying out some of the moto x preinstalled apps to see their features. I tried out Touchless control. I went into the settings and i believe i enabled the touchless control commands and then suddenly I could not use touch at all. The phone just talks at me when ever I touch anything on the screen. It tells me what i am touching rather than actually selecting it. I dont know how to get back into settings now and the only thing i can do is a google search using voice commands. I have no idea what to do! my phone cant do anything now and i even tried to reset it via the boot menu but it just says "android is starting" and optimizes all of my apps, and when it stops it just goes back to shouting at me in robot voice all of the things that are on my screen. Did I turn on a feature for disabled people?? I dont know how to fix this please help.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I think that this is "talkback mode".

Use three fingers, slightly spaced and drag from the top of the screen to get your pulldown menus. Then tap the settings wheel and double tap anywhere on the screen.
Next use two fingers to scroll down to "Accessibility". Tap it, then doubletap anywhere.
Now select "Talkback" and double tap anywhere. Then tap the on button and double tap anywhere.
Now tap "ok" and double tap anywhere.

Should be resolved.

My answers is better than Bones'.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: freaking out Moto x first gen what did I do?!?

B. Diddy - TalkBack is for person with vision issues, not hearing.

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.