Abnormal factory reset, can I get some help?

A

AC Question

Abnormal factory reset

My phone had ran out of space for a while now, and I've been struggling for it to work well. Suddenly, while I was out in band camp, I check my phone and it has a caution sign, a triangle with an exclamation point. I ignore it and return to my activities. Later, when I was required to use my phone, it brought me to the setup wizard. I decided to fix this at home, since the WiFi at school is very finicky. When I got home, I ran through the setup, and what do you know, EVERYTHING is gone. The thing that really got me is all the pictures I had taken within the last 4 months. My band trip to Disney, my junior prom, my trip to Hong Kong and Japan, all gone. While most of the things I had there were replaceable, those pictures weren't.

I know there was a way to avoid losing those photos, like posting them or using an SD card, but I'm not a posting kind of person and I didn't have an SD card nor have much time to shove photos into one. I know it's most likely too late to recover those pictures, but I want to know what caused the reset and how to prevent it.

TL;DR Teen boy lost sentimental pictures to abnormal reset, please help diagnose

gevertex

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Abnormal factory reset

My phone had ran out of space for a while now, and I've been struggling for it to work well. Suddenly, while I was out in band camp, I check my phone and it has a caution sign, a triangle with an exclamation point. I ignore it and return to my activities. Later, when I was required to use my phone, it brought me to the setup wizard. I decided to fix this at home, since the WiFi at school is very finicky. When I got home, I ran through the setup, and what do you know, EVERYTHING is gone. The thing that really got me is all the pictures I had taken within the last 4 months. My band trip to Disney, my junior prom, my trip to Hong Kong and Japan, all gone. While most of the things I had there were replaceable, those pictures weren't.

I know there was a way to avoid losing those photos, like posting them or using an SD card, but I'm not a posting kind of person and I didn't have an SD card nor have much time to shove photos into one. I know it's most likely too late to recover those pictures, but I want to know what caused the reset and how to prevent it.

TL;DR Teen boy lost sentimental pictures to abnormal reset, please help diagnose

Yeah, when you run out of space bad things tend to happen. Usually, google will back up all of your photos, unless you specifically unchecked that option.

Here's how to check if your photos were backed up. Goto plus.google.com. Make sure you are signed into the google account you had on your phone. Find the Home drop down on the left, select photos. If they were backed up they should all be there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital