New media button appeared on my phone, what could it be?

A

AC Question

New media button appeared on my phone

from time to time when i connect through bluetooth to my speakers and paly music i get a different volume contro that says media volume and it doesnt look like the regular speaker, this one looks more like the screen mirroring icon (not exacly the same) i made sure i wasnt conected to anything but it still apeared after i turned everything off, i restarted the phone, same thing happened, i even factory reset the phone just in case there was something wrong but it was still there. When that button appears and i raise the volume it does weird things it either turns it up a lot or almost nothing, it doesnt happen all the time but i dont know what to do.

Ps: the regular media volume button with the speaker appears at the same time as this one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: New media button appeared on my phone

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Where are seeing this button? Is it an icon in the notification bar? Is it a volume slider bar?

When a device is connected to a Bluetooth speaker, adjusting the volume usually shows a volume slider with a Bluetooth icon (instead of a speaker icon), since the media sound is going through the Bluetooth speaker.

Javier Carnicer

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: New media button appeared on my phone

Its a Note 4 and the button appears when you turn up the volume instead of the regular bluetooth icon, its in the volume settings when you turn the volume and click the gear to adjust (had to make an account to answer)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781