Unfortunately Google App has stopped. Constant crashing. How can I fix this?

A

AC Question

Unfortunately Google App has stopped. Constant crashing

Hello,
I have started getting the message above constantly (it blinks, I press ok, then it's back), which means my problem isn't just accessing Google Play store, but I can't do anything at all with the phone.

I thought it might be lack of storage so I deleted other apps from the settings (that's the only thing I can access), followed instructions and cleared cache data etc etc, still the same.
Any advice?

Thanks.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unfortunately Google App has stopped. Constant crashing

You might try deleting your google account and setting it up again. You won't lose data, since it will repopulate from the Google servers. Except that Android requires a Google account. So, if there is only one on your phone, you may have to create an extra Google account so you can delete the original. After you restore the original, you can delete the extra one.

Also worth trying a reboot to recovery mode, then choosing the clear cache partition option. You will not lose data. You need to google the procedure because it's different for every device - typically a non-intuitive sequence of pressing & holding power and volume buttons.

Factory reset would likely fix this, but I would try the less drastic options first.

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Unfortunately Google App has stopped. Constant crashing

What is the phone and your operating system ? Have you done a system update recently ? You could try wiping the cache partition. Maybe some conflicts have arisen....it might be worth a visit to your Google Account....check security/privacy/ preferences with regard to Ads.
Is Chrome suffering too ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke