What are some cdma phones I can use with us celluar which are not sold by them?

A

AC Question

What are some cdma phones I can use with us celluar which are not sold by them.

There's lots of interesting phones on the market now days and I was wondering what kind of phone I could get that works with us cellular (which is the only service I can get in my remote area). I've read about the differences between gsm and cdma and the differences between carriers using cdma but I 'm totally confused when trying to understand what phones I could use with my carrier. Any advice?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: What are some cdma phones I can use with us celluar which are not sold by them.

Welcome to Android Central! The main carriers that use CDMA are Verizon and Sprint. Their phones should all be carrier unlocked, meaning that as long as it's been paid off, it can be used on another network. On its website, US Cellular says you can use any device that has been "approved" by them, but unfortunately, their website doesn't give any details. Other carriers have a compatibility checker on the web, but I can't find any for US Cellular. You'd have to talk to one of their reps to find out more.

robert p1

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: What are some cdma phones I can use with us celluar which are not sold by them.

Thanks for your response. I appreciate your efforts to resolve my question.