How do I sync my dictionary between devices (Google Keyboard)?

mrjayviper

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
sync dictionary between devices (Google Keyboard)

I also have installed Google Keyboard app on my tablet and have selected my main Google account as the sync account. The dictionary was initially empty but I have added some words. I also pressed "Sync now" after adding the words.

I have also installed the Google Keyboard app on my phone and just have also selected the same account as on the tablet and have pressed "Sync now". BUT the dictionary hasn't transferred to my phone.

Any ideas on how to make this will work? Thanks! :)

Last edited:

mrjayviper

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone? Just tried it again on a new install and it still doesn't sync. I also just added some word on an empty dictionary. Thanks

erstam

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It has never synced to my other devices. Only to itself like after a wipe. I wonder if anyone that talks about this feature actually checked to see if it works. 3 phones and 1 tablet and none of the dictionaries synch. Yes Google account sync and in the Google keyboard app show it's syncing.

anon(9755212)

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I've had the same problem for months, and I haven't found any fix. Since the Google Keyboard Sync became available earlier this year, I haven't been able to synchronize my custom dictionaries to my Google account. I can enable the feature, but the syncing process never succeeds. In the Accounts menu in the phone settings, I can see how it is trying to sync (see attached screen capture), but after a long while it times out and fails.

screenshot2.png

I have two devices, a Nexus 5 and a Nexus 7 (2013), and the same ocurrs in both. I have also reset the phone/tablet to factory settings several times, tried deletting the cache and application data, uninstalling and reinstalling updates and none of these procedures worked for me.

Anyone found a solution?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same problem for months, and I haven't found any fix. Since the Google Keyboard Sync became available earlier this year, I haven't been able to synchronize my custom dictionaries to my Google account. I can enable the feature, but the syncing process never succeeds. In the Accounts menu in the phone settings, I can see how it is trying to sync (see attached screen capture), but after a long while it times out and fails.

I have two devices, a Nexus 5 and a Nexus 7 (2013), and the same ocurrs in both. I have also reset the phone/tablet to factory settings several times, tried deletting the cache and application data, uninstalling and reinstalling updates and none of these procedures worked for me.

Anyone found a solution?
Try removing the Google Account then add it back. Hopefully that fixes the problem with the syncing not completing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38