google calendar subscriptions

fobrob102#AC

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Is there anyway to get calendars that you subscribe to on google calendar to show up on the android calendar. I only see options to display calendars that I created. For example, US Holidays or various sports teams schedules. If not, does anyone know if there are talks to implement this? Thanks :)

spacehippie2k

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
When I subscribed to one of the NBA calendars, I got a notification that some of them will not display on mobile devices. Whether or not this will be fixed, I can't say. In the meantime, I figured out a lengthy workaround. Depending on how many events you have, this may or may not be feasible.

You can create a new calendar, and then copy all of the events from the non-displaying calendar to that new one. You can then choose to display the new one on your Android Calendar. To avoid seeing duplicate events while using your desktop browser, just hide the new calendar.

fobrob102#AC

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
yeah i was thinking about that. thanks. it would just be convenient thought if they allowed subscribed calendars to appear on your android device. it just makes sense. one of the big reasons i love android is because it allows you to seamlessly integrate google into your phone. that said, being able to subscribe certain calendars with google calendar is one of the reasons i love google calendar. relatively minor gripe though. thanks for the reply!

gvillager

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Is there anyway to get calendars that you subscribe to on google calendar to show up on the android calendar. I only see options to display calendars that I created. For example, US Holidays or various sports teams schedules. If not, does anyone know if there are talks to implement this? Thanks :)

Click on the calendar application, click on the menu button, select calendars... then check off the ones you want to show up on your phone.