Why can't I find my pictures on my Android 4?

lialou

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
i can't find my pictures on my android 4

So i was replacing my pictpictures from the phone to the sd card and when i cliked on cancel by accident i didn't find them at all except for a couple of them please help i really need this pictures back help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: i can't find my pictures on my android 4

Welcome to Android Central! How were you transferring the files? Did you use the Copy command or the Move command? If you used Move, and if something went wrong with the transfer, then the originals may have been deleted already (which is why Copy is always safer--when you're sure the transfer was successful, go back and delete the originals yourself).

Go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Use Windows Explorer to look at the card and see if the photos are there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That may be a problem. It may be that something went wrong with the Move (perhaps related to your cancelling in the middle), and that the original files were deleted even though they weren't successfully moved to the new location.

Plug the phone into your computer via USB, and use Windows Explorer to look in your photos directory (/DCIM/Camera if they were taken by the camera). Can you find any of the files? If not, it may be difficult to recover them. Recovering deleted files from internal storage requires the phone to be rooted, and you have to minimize your activity with the phone for now until you can try recovery software, since any new data that is written to internal storage may overwrite the remnants of the deleted files. Rooting itself requires writing data to internal storage, so right away, you'll probably cause some of the files to be irretrievable. See this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...-s/500142-guide-recovering-deleted-files.html

In the future, I strongly recommend turning your Google Photos Auto Backup on. That would've kept all of your photos safe in your Google cloud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463